Savings Quest and MyFi Accounts for Young Credit Union Members
Savings Quest and MyFi Savings Account (ages 0-20)
Personal finance and money management are important skills to teach your son or daughter at an early age. At Members CU, you can focus on financial education as early as elementary school by opening a Savings Quest Account, the account that grows with you. It only takes $5 to open and there is no minimum balance requirement.
At age 13, the account becomes a MyFi Savings Account and qualifies for an ATM Card (Cosigner required). Teach your son or daughter about their credit union account by helping them make deposits, withdrawal money and look up their account information using MCU@Home online banking. Both accounts earn the same dividend rate as a Members CU Regular Savings Account.
- Only $5 opens an account
- No minimum balance required
- Dividend paid with average daily balance of $25
- Eligible for Members CU Cash Card at age 13
- Parent or guardian joint on account until age 18
MyFi Checking Account (ages 16-22)
Managing a personal Checking Account is an excellent way for a teenager or young adult to prepare for the future. It teaches financial responsibility and the importance of keeping a budget. With a MyFi Checking Account learn to manage your own money at Members CU, instead of asking the Bank of Mom and Dad for cash.
- $25 to open
- No minimum balance requirement
- Parent or guardian joint on account required until age 18
- Must be between the ages of 16-22 to open
- No per check fee
- Free MCU Cash Card and/or VISA Debit Card upon request
- FREE eStatements and eBill service
- Earns same dividend rate as Regular Checking
- Becomes a Regular Checking Account upon reaching age 23
How to Open an Account
To open a MyFi Savings, MyFi Checking or Savings Quest Account you must be a member. Find out about membership eligibility on our Join MCU page. Print out a Membership Application and take it to the nearest MCU branch location. Existing members may fill out a Subsequent Action form to open new products. Call 1800-951-8000 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) when you need assistance.